Welcome to MonLife Heritage
We are delighted to announce that our museums and attractions are open to visitors.
Museums in Abergavenny and Chepstow are now open every day with the exception of Wednesday 11am – 4pm.
Caldicot Castle is open 11.00am – 4.00pm every day and the car park open from 8.00am – 8.30pn until 31st October when winter hours are in operation.
Shire Hall is open Monday, Tuesday and Saturday from 11.00am – 4.00pm.
Please note Monmouth Museum remains closed whilst we continue to work on the collections.
- There is no need to book ahead of your visit, you can simply walk in.
- Please be aware that we will be limiting the number of visitors allowed in the museums at any one time.
- Visitors will need to wear a mask or face covering and follow social distancing whilst in our museums and attractions.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at various points throughout the sites.
- Visitors will be required to fill in a contact Track & Trace form – all of which are in accordance to Welsh Government Covid guidelines.
- Where possible please use card to purchase goods.
MonLife Heritage operates a number of sites and attractions throughout Monmouthshire; from castles to countryside walks, there is something for everyone.
Welcome to the Shire Hall. A significant historic building in the heart of Monmouth, South Wales.
Explore its history, enjoy walks through the park and refreshments in the tea room.
The Old Station, Tintern, nestles beside the River Wye in the heart of the Wye Valley.
Abergavenny Museum houses a wonderful collection of artefacts, permanent displays and temporary...
Chepstow Museum reveals the rich and varied past of this ancient town, once an important port and market centre.
Horatio Nelson was born in Norfolk, died at sea, and is buried in St. Paul’s Cathedral – yet Monmouth is home to...