Chepstow Museum is closed today (Thurs 22nd July) and tomorrow (Friday 23rd July) due to staff illness. We are sorry for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you on Saturday 11-4.
We are delighted to announce that we are reopening our museum in Abergavenny and Chepstow from 18th May, on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays between 11am and 4pm. We have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to get our museum and shop ready to welcome you all back through our doors! We cannot wait to see you all!
Please note Monmouth Museum remains closed whilst we continue to work on the collections.
- There is no need to book ahead of your visit, you can simply walk in.
- Please be aware that we will be limiting the number of visitors allowed in the museum at any one time.
- Visitors will need to wear a mask or face covering and follow social distancing whilst in the museum.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at various points throughout the museum.
- Visitors will be required to fill in a contact Track & Trace form – all of which are in accordance to Welsh Government Covid guidelines.
- Where possible please use card to purchase goods.
Abergavenny Castle grounds will be open daily to the public between 11am and 4pm.
We look forward to welcoming you all back.
Chepstow Museum reveals the rich and varied past of this ancient town, once an important port and market centre. The wine trade, shipbuilding and salmon fishing are among Chepstow’s many industries featured in displays with atmospheric settings. Photographs, programmes and posters recall the pastimes of local people, whilst 18th and 19th century paintings and prints illustrate the everlasting appeal of Chepstow and the Wye Valley to artists and tourists alike. The Museum is just across the road from Chepstow Castle in an elegant 18th century house built by a prosperous Chepstow merchant family.
- Regular special exhibitions
- Workshops and activities
- Quizzes and worksheets for children
- Children free (when accompanied by adult)
- Special facilities for educational and group visits (pre-booked educational groups free)
- Museum Shop
- Access to ground floor and WC for wheelchair users
- Adjacent car parks
- Across the road from Chepstow Castle and Chepstow Tourist Information Centre
Monday – 11.00am – 4.00pm
Tuesday – 11.00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday – CLOSED
Thursday – 11.00am – 4.00pm
Friday – 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday – 11.00am – 4.00pm
Sunday – 11:00 am – 4:00pm
T: 01291 625981