The 2020 Green Flag UK People Choice Award: Caldicot Castle & Country Park
Caldicot Castle is set within 55 acres of idyllic Country Park. Founded by the Normans, developed in royal hands as a stronghold in the Middle Ages and restored as a Victorian family home, the castle has a romantic and colourful history. Travel through time from a medieval castle to a Victorian mansion.
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well-managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
The Green Flag Award’s Purpose & Aims
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
We would like to invite you to vote for Caldicot Castle & Country Park in the 2020 Green Flag UK People Choice Award. To vote, click here: https://www.greenflagaward.org/park-summary/?park=2143