The Shire Hall
Please note, all MonLife venues are still closed. This was not a decision that has been taken lightly, over the last few weeks staff have been working relentlessly to provide a safe environment for you and we would like to thank you for the support that you have shown them.
Our customers and staff as well as the community are our priority. Due to staff shortages, protecting health and redistributing resources to support priority areas across Monmouthshire County Council we have to close until further notice.
The Welsh Government has produced guidance which in summary says:
- Everybody should stay at home as much as possible but going out to exercise is, however, a valid reason to leave home
- Exercise should be local and generally be limited to walking, running and cycling, and travelling by vehicle to exercise should be avoided unless there is a good reason for doing so
- Exercise should be done, alone, or with other members of the household (or with carers as appropriate). It is not intended to be a social activity during the emergency period nor should it be an excuse for leaving the home for other purposes.
- People should seek to avoid exercising on paths or in parks or other places they are aware can be busy.
- The guidance provides greater clarity over type and duration of acceptable forms of exercise, and gives further advice on the use of travelling by vehicle for exercising.
Welcome to the Shire Hall. A significant historic building in the Heart of Monmouth, South Wales.
The Shire Hall in Agincourt Square, Monmouth, Wales, is a prominent Grade I listed building in th etown centre. Built in 1724, the Shire Hall was formerly the centre for the Assize Courts and Quarter Sessions for Monmouthshire. In 1839/40, the court was the location of the trial of the Chartist leader John Frost and others for high treason for their part in the Newport Rising. The Shire Hall is owned by Monmouthshire County Council and has audio-visual guides for visitors to Courtroom 1. It is currently used as a Tourist Information Centre and as the offices for Monmouth Town Council, and is open to the public in part.
Business at the Shire Hall – Meeting Room hire, Corporate Events & Function venue in Monmouth
The Shire Hall is a versatile meeting venue in the heart of Monmouth’s Town Centre.
With a choice of rooms, break out areas and catering options, the Shire Hall is the ideal venue to host your meeting, conference or seminar. Free fast Wi-Fi is available in every room along with a selection of equipment such as touchscreens TV’s, projectors, screens and flip charts.
Monmouth has excellent transport links and easy access to the M4, M5 and M50 motorways with Newport, Cardiff and Bristol all reached with an hour’s drive. A pay and display car park is located just behind the Shire Hall on Glendower Street.
Wedding Venue in Monmouth
The Shire Hall is an exclusive wedding venue at the heart of the picturesque market town of Monmouth. Perfectly located in the Wye Valley, the Shire Hall has become a popular venue for couples from Monmouth, the Forest of Dean, Abergavenny, Chepstow and beyond.
With a choice of rooms for your civil ceremony and wedding reception, you have the opportunity to create your own unique and personal celebration in our elegant and versatile building. You choose your caterer, menu, photographer, band or DJ and we will help you to create the day you envisage!
Shire Hall, Monmouth is open 6 days a week and Admission is FREE.
Shire Hall, Monmouth is open six days a week (except bank holidays) between 10.00 am and 16:00 pm from Monday to Saturday (holiday opening hours may vary). To contact Shire Hall, Monmouth, please email, or call 01600 775257. Follow Shire Hall, Monmouth on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date with the latest events, offers and information.