Monmouthshire’s Countryside Access Network Covid Information
Stay Active, Stay Safe
To help you and others have a safe and enjoyable visit to our countryside sites, or using public rights of way, please remember this guidance and follow these rules:-
- Always observe social distancing;
- Be vigilant with hand washing and hygiene;
- Stay at home if you or anyone you live with has Coronavirus Symptoms;
- Please be respectful of other people’s space and wait at a safe distance in places such bridges, kissing gates, or steps, until it is safe for you to continue on your walk;
- Please do not leave litter and be a responsible dog owner following the Dog Walking Code
- If our car parks are full or busy please come back another time and do not park on access roads or surrounding roads;
- Please do not linger in car parks so that others can safely come and go.
Many footpaths and bridleways cross private land and in some cases working farms are close to private homes. Please keep to the paths, follow the countryside code, keep your distance from landowners and continue to follow the restrictions and measures in place to protect you and others.
Thank you for following these rules
By virtue of the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations 2020 the following restricted byways are closed, from April 2020, until further notice:-
All of our countryside car parks and sites are now open
All closures are kept under weekly review and any amendments will appear here.
Closures on paths due to flooding, dangerous bridges etc. can be found here.