Countryside Access Improvement Plan (CAIP)
Monmouthshire’s Countryside Access Improvement Plan 2020- 2030 (CAIP) sets out shared objectives for the county’s rights of way network, countryside sites and wider public access for the next ten years. The plan is a combination of detailed research, analysis and consultation with the public and stakeholders (draft ROWIP and assessment reports below). It recognises the value in access to quality green space in terms of physical and mental well-being for residents and visitors. The plan is ambitious and realistic about the challenges that Monmouthshire and our wider society face.
The delivery of this plan will contribute significantly to making Monmouthshire a healthier, more prosperous and more enjoyable place in which to live and visit. It will be monitored by Monmouthshire Local Access Forum and by annual Countryside Access Delivery Plans.
The Countryside Access Improvement Plan can be downloaded here for free. To request hard copies of the plan (note a fee may be applicable to cover costs), or for any other formats please email email@example.com, call 01633 644850 or write to the address below.
- Countryside Access Improvement Plan 2020-2030
- 2007 Rights of Way Improvement Plan
- Draft Rights of Way Improvement Plan
- Appendix 5 Monmouthshire Countryside Access Policy, Protocol and Operational Management Report
- Appendix 1 Summary Assessment of the delivery of the ROWIP 2007 – 2017
- Appendix 2 Outdoor Disability & Health Assessment
- Appendix 3 Condition of the Network and Opportunities Assessment Report 2017/18
- Appendix 4 ROWIP Consultation Responses 2017 & 2018
- Equality & Future Generations Evaluation Assessment
Countryside Access, MonLife
Monmouthshire County Council