Monmouthshire Local Access Forum (LAF)
The Monmouthshire Local Access Forum advises Monmouthshire County Council and others on ways to improve public rights of way and green spaces in Monmouthshire.
It is made up of volunteers who aim to provide a balanced view of access issues and priorities affecting the local area or which might influence national policy.
- Users of local rights of way such as walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
- Owners and occupiers of the land
- Conservation, tourism and rural economy interest groups.
Members are appointed for a three year period. The current member’s appointment runs to November 2023. The members and their areas of interest are:
- Anne Underwood (Chair) walking and horse-riding
- Irene Brooke –(Vice chair) landowner and business representative
- Anthea Fairey – Chair of Friends of Castle Meadows
- Phil Mundell – walking user and volunteer representative
- Mark Storey – cycling, climbing & walker representative
- David Smith – walking & climbing user, volunteer leader healthy walking group
- Sylvia Fowles – Disabled Riding, conservation & history representative
- Shan Lewis – walking and healthy lifestyle
- Gordon Davies – walking, education and young people’s access
- Jenny Cockitt – landowner, natural environment
- John Askew – vehicular and motorised users
- Martin Sweeney – outdoor pursuits
- Sheila Hampshire – farming, wildlife and countryside access
- Tracy Hook – walking and horse-riding
- Councillor Ben Callard – Monmouthshire County Council representative
Meetings are also attended by observers from Monmouthshire County Council and Natural Resources Wales
Meetings and Minutes
We meet about 4 times a year at various locations in the county. Meetings are open to the public.
Meeting minutes, agendas and dates are available on the MCC website.
Copies of the forum’s annual reports are available by clicking on the links below:
Monmouthshire LAF Annual Report 2017/2018
Monmouthshire LAF Annual Report 2018/2019
Monmouthshire LAF Annual Report 2019/2020
Monmouthshire LAF Annual Report 2021
Join the Monmouthshire Local Access Forum
Membership currently lasts for a maximum of three years. Volunteers must be dedicated with the passion, knowledge and skills to help people enjoy Monmouthshire.
Contact the Monmouthshire Local Access Forum
MonLife provides the secretarial support to the forum and for further information contact the LAF Secretaryemail:email@example.com