Dear MonLife Customer,
In light of the changes announced by the Welsh Government, MonLife’s Leisure Centres will start easing restrictions currently in place and will move to Alert level 0. We would like to thank you for your understanding and patience through these very difficult times!
We are glad to be coming out the other end! However, as restrictions start to ease and capacity increases, please be aware and respect that other members will want to remain cautious.
The health and safety of both our staff and customers remains to be our main priority, and in-line with Welsh Government guidelines, we will continue to:
- One Way Systems in and out the centre
- Doors will remain open to allow ventilation to the rooms/areas.
- Hand Sanitising Stations and cleaning equipment before / after use
- Face masks still need to be worn when moving around the centre, but not during exercise
- Fitness Classes will still use the booking system 48 hours in advance
Changes at MonLife
- Members will no longer need to book to use the gym from Monday 9th August – This will be removed from the booking system.
- Gym and Class Capacity’s will be increased, but still less than pre-COVID capacity’s.
- Families and Friends can train together and Spot one another.
- Social Distancing Stickers have been removed from facilities and the 2m distance rule is no longer in place, however we still ask all customers to be respectful of others space.
- All gym equipment will be switched on.
- All members will need to collect their ticket from reception to take to the fitness suite to show they have booked in and swiped through for Track and Trace purposes.
- Members can now bring their own towel for personal use in gym and classes.
- Additional Lockers will be available.
- Hand Dryers and Hair Dryers are now available. However, paper towels will still be available.
- Monmouth Spin will return to the Spin Studio from the Squash courts.
- Supervised Fit4Life and NRG Zone sessions will be offered again in the Fitness Suite.
Swimming Pool Changes:
- As of Monday 16th August you will no longer need to book in advance for public and family swims, simply go to reception to sign in.
- All those people with membership Cards will need to swipe through for booking and to be entered on to the track and trace.
- Those without membership Cards will need to sign in on the visitors sheet for Track and Trace.
- Sessions such as the pool inflatable and Over 60’s are still bookable at reception 48 hours in advance.
Q: Do I need to wear a mask?
A: In line with Welsh Government law, a mask will be required when walking around our building and can be removed when exercising or eating/drinking.
Q: I would like to be referred by my GP for exercise, how do I do this?
A: The National Exercise Referral Scheme will be returning for Face to Face delivery by September in Chepstow, Caldicot and Monmouth Leisure Centres. This will be reflected on the new timetable from 6th September.
Q: Will there still be online classes available?
A: Yes, there will still be classes via our Live and On-Demand Service, these will be free for all members.
Q: When will Birthday Parties at Centres be bookable again?
A: Birthday Parties at Caldicot and Chepstow will be bookable on site from Saturday 4th September for dry side parties (JISP/Sports Hall/NERF) and Saturday 11th September for Pool Parties. Parties at Monmouth and Abergavenny are still to be confirmed.
Q: Will outside areas now be opening to public booking?
A: We can confirm that outside areas will be opening to non football teams and public bookings. Including 3G pitches (at Monmouth, Abergavenny Caldicot), tennis courts and football areas.
Q: Are indoor bookings such badminton, squash and 5 a side football now available?
A: Yes, these activities can now be booked in advance.
Q: Are Public Toilets open?
A: Public toilets are now open. However, you are still required to sign in for Track and Trace.
Q: Do I still need to book to use the gym?:
A: No bookings are required at any of our centres.
Q: What time will gyms be open from?:
A: Gym opening Times: Monday – Friday 6:15-am 10:00pm / Saturday-Sunday 8:15am-6:00pm.
Q: Do I need to book in advance for a swim?
A: As of Monday 16th August you will no longer need to book in advance for public and family swims, simply go to reception to sign in. Sessions such as the pool inflatable and Over 60’s are still bookable at reception 48 hours in advance.
Q: Can I now use showers?
A: Yes all shower facilities at our sites are now open. Except upstairs showers at Chepstow Leisure Centre which are currently going through repairs; you are however available to use gym and fitness suite showers downstairs.
Q: Can I now bring my own towel?
A: Members can bring a towel for personal use in gym and classes. However towels are for personal use and not for wiping down the machines, the blue roll is for this purpose to prevent cross contamination.
Monmouth Leisure Centre
Q: Do I need to book in advance to visit the play centre?
A: As of Monday 16th august you will no longer need to book in advance, simply visit reception to sign in.
Q: Can I watch my child swim?
A: Yes, the viewing area is open for swimming. Adults and over 11’s will need to wear a mask unless exempt.
Q: Will Shape Master (Toning Suite) be available?
A: Yes, the Toning Suite is now open.
Q: Is the café open for visitors?
A: Yes, the café is open to visitors, you will simply need to sign in at reception when entering the building.
Q: Are the hair dryers in the changing rooms switched on?
A: Yes, dryers in the fitness changing rooms and pool changing area will be available.
Q: Is the spa area available for use?
A: Yes, when the pool is open to the public you will also be able to access the spa area (sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room). A wrist band will be given to you to wear to show that you have access to this area. When the pool is closed during sessions such as swimming lessons, we have a limited number of spaces that can be booked at reception to gain access via the entrance near the squash courts.
Q: Are you offering Beauty Treatments in the Serenity Beauty Rooms?
A: Yes, we are currently offering a full range of treatments including facials, nails and massage on a Thursday between 12.30 – 7.30pm. To book message Abi our beautician at email@example.com.
Chepstow Leisure Centre
Q: Are Sauna’s/ steam rooms open?
A: Yes, as before Covid members/users will gain access from the changing rooms and are open for use.