Monmouth Museum remains closed as we continue with our move to Shire Hall. Abergavenny and Chepstow Museums are open every day 11-4 (except Wednesdays). Abergavenny Castle grounds will be open every day 11-4.
For details of our half term activities, CLICK HERE
Horatio Nelson was born in Norfolk, died at sea, and is buried in St. Paul’s Cathedral – yet Monmouth is home to a magnificent collection of Nelson material. Find out about the origins of the collection, and about the life, loves, death and commemoration of the famous Admiral through displays of weapons, pictures, fine ceramics, silver and glass, ships models and letters.
The history of the ancient Wye Valley market town is illustrated in displays in the same building. Charles Stuart Rolls, the co-founder of Rolls-Royce, lived near Monmouth and his exploits in balloons, early motor cars and aeroplanes are on display.
- Exhibition programmes all year (art, craft, local history, general interest)
- Workshops and activities
- Quizzes and worksheets for children
- Children free (when accompanied by an adult)
- Special facilities for educational and group visits (pre-booked educational groups free)
- Museum shop
- Adjacent car parks
- In the town centre close to shops, cafes and restaurants
Monday – CLOSED
Tuesday – CLOSED
Wednesday – CLOSED
Thursday – CLOSED
Friday – CLOSED
Saturday – CLOSED
Sunday – CLOSED
T: 01600 710630