Customer Appreciation Day!
As part of Customer Appreciation Day, we’re reflecting on how together with your support we’re striving towards our vision of enriching people’s lives and creating vibrant places.
This last year alone here’s some of the things we’re proud to have enabled:
- 15,505 children aged 5-11 to be more active, learn new skills and make friendships through The Monmouthshire Games (TMG) holiday provisions. Helping us to develop a future generation of healthy and confident young people.
- A 19% increase in enrolment to our Learn to Swimming programme,
- 70% of people referred to the National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS) programme reported increased fitness.
- 1,421 young people attended 73 open-access sessions and 468 hours at MonLife Connect youth centres and clubs giving them somewhere to go where they have a sense of belonging and ownership. To help them feel supported and empowered to develop and achieve through a range of activities and opportunities.
- 1,198 young people aged 10-19, attended Positive Futures diversionary activities. A programme of sport to help them achieve and improve their lives to be healthy and confident young people, as well as foscusing on reducing anti-social behaviour.
- 100% of Monmouthshire secondary schools engaged with the Shift project through MonLife Connect, aimed at helping improve the mental health / emotional well-being of 11 – 18 year olds. 93% who were referred through the Early Help Panel engaged in the project with 86% seeing an improvement.
- Constructed 1 new Active Travel route in Monmouth alongside a new play park, allowing for safer travel from Kingswood Gate to Overmonnow and beyond into Monmouth. We’ve also improved 15 routes and 1 scheme is ready for construction once funding has been received.
- Over 1,500 public responses across 6 schemes consultations to Active Travel which looks at involving communities within Monmouthshire to reduce short everyday car journeys, in favour of walking and cycling.
- 600 responses to consultations seeking to improve existing Active Travel Network Maps in Monmouthshire.
- 11 Primary schools with improved Active Travel infrastructure – Bike & Scooter parking to encourage active travel to schools.
Thank you for your continued support.