Workshop Booking Information for Teachers
To ensure that you have the best possible experience when booking with MonLife Learning please read the following information.
Facilitated workshops at all our sites are for a duration of 2 hours and can accommodate a maximum of 35 children.
- 1 x 2hr workshop £175.00
- Two or more workshops at the same site on the same day
- £150.00 per workshop
Character workshops at Caldicot Castle
- 1 x character £225.00
- Additional characters are charged at £150.00 per character
Self-led visits to any of our sites are free of charge.
Health and Safety information
We do not provide risk assessments. It is recommended that you undertake your own pre-visit and carry out your own risk assessment. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Adult to pupil ratios:
- Foundation phase – we require an adult to child ration of 1 : 5
- KS2 – we require an adult to child ration of 1 : 10
- KS3 and above – we require an adult to child ration of 1 : 15
All MonLife Learning staff are enhanced DBS checked and have undergone safeguarding level 1, as a minimum.
Teachers are responsible for the management and behaviour of their class.
Making a Booking
All MonLife Learning workshops and self-led visits must be booked in advance.
When you have made your choice of visit, simply complete and return the appropriate booking form using the contact details provided.
Monmouthshire schools can use the internal transfer system. Please make sure to include your individual school code on the booking form.
For schools outside Monmouthshire, MonLife Learning can either:
- Invoice you directly
- Take cash or cheque payment on the day of your visit. Cheques should be made payable to Monmouthshire County Council
A cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost of your visit applies to the cancellation of a workshop with 1 week’s notice. If cancellation occurs within 48hours of the booking date, the full cost of the workshop will be payable.